Home

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

"Stirring the Rise Up Factor"

You know, ministry can be quite the roller coaster.  I heard recently that only 10% of all pastors finish well in ministry.  Um, if that is true, that is a scary statistic.  I pray that Stuart and I are part of that 10%, as a matter of fact, we are determined to be part of that 10%!  When you are called to some sort of ministry it has so many ups and downs.  I am so thankful that we have had so many more ups than we have had downs.  Recently, we went through a situation that was probably one of the most difficult situations we have ever experienced in ministry.  I am so grateful for the difficult situations in life, because it draws your soul to deeply long for Christ and His guidance.  Our marriage is stronger and I believe our perspective on ministry, church and friendships are better.  When we were going through this difficult time, I heard a woman speak, Kerri Weems.  She spoke about dealing with discouragement and some of the things that she said really resonated with me.  I thought that I would share some of my notes with you.

When dealing with discouragement:

*Stir up the rise up factor-The rise up factor is simply "the will to keep going in the face of opposition and discouragement."  That will preach!  I think that this can be used in ALL areas of our lives.  We have to make a conscious decision to STIR UP THE RISE UP FACTOR!

*Get the mind of Christ-we have the capacity to see all things the way that Christ sees them.  We need to learn to see things through spiritual eyes.  In these difficult times it is important to position yourself even more in the word of God.  Know the promises of God and retrain your mind to think the way God's Word does.

*Get in the habit of practicing the presence of God-Be in tune to his voice all day long.  Worship him all day long.

*Guard the fire of devotion in you heart-I love the way that she phrased this.  It is such a great picture of us physically guarding our heart and our devotion to the One that we love.  Booya-that is how we increase that 10% to 100% of people in ministry finishing well!

I am so thankful that a couple of months ago I had the privilege of hearing Kerri Weems.   It was exactly what I needed and I hope that it helps you too!



1 comment:

  1. I love this Tab! These are some very similar things that God has been stirring in my heart lately also! Great Blog!

    ReplyDelete