Home

Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Field Day T-shirts

My kids had Field Day last Friday at school.  It was fantastic.  All the kids had a blast.  I thought that I might take a quick minute to show you Emma's class shirts that I made.  Didn't they turn out cute?  
Emma's teacher graciously purchased all of the t-shirts for the class and I got to make them...all 22 of them!  The crazy thing is that it only took me 2 hours.  These shirts may look tie dyed but they are actually spray painted.  All you need is spray paint and t-shirts and you are set!  I scrunched up the shirts and sprayed away.  You can bunch them up in different patterns just like tie dye though.  The best thing about these is that they dry quickly and they don't really bleed in the washing machine like regular tie dye.  I also placed letters at the top of the shirt and sprayed over top of them to spell out her teacher's name, Mrs. Reid.  Before they dried, I removed the letters and put them on another tshirt.  I washed the tshirts 2 times to soften them up a bit.  The kids loved them!



2 comments:

  1. Ok - I LOVE the shirts and I need you to help me make some for the 4th of July! PLEASE!!! Looks simple, but I'm sure I will mess it up if I do it alone. Let me know when and where :) Missed you Monday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tab cute shirts ! I am going to try this sometime. I also pinned them :-)

    ReplyDelete