Home

Monday, May 14, 2012

My Mother's Day

I'm thinking that this Mother's Day will go down in the books for me!  It was such a great weekend.

The kids had a half day on Friday and as soon as they got off of the bus we went to Busch Gardens.  It was so much fun.  I got to spend some special time with Taylor (our non roller coaster child) and I also got to spend time with Emma and Brayden (our roller coaster riding children).  Verbolten (their new roller coaster) was having a soft opening and we got to ride it...AMAZING!  We had dinner at Chickfila and went home.  Stuart and the kids worked on a "special" project the whole rest of the night.

Saturday we went to Brayden's baseball game and then all of our family came over to have dinner for Mother's Day (preachers and their families have to celebrate things like this on a separate day).  Typically, Stuart tries to rest on Saturday, but he worked his tail off making things extra special for me an our moms.  He grocery shopped and he cooked the whole meal, which was fantastic!  I felt so special.  My kids also went all out for Mother's Day.  Check out what they made me:

These beautiful tissue flowers are from Emma!
This was the card from Brayden.  He said that in my free time I like organizing...he knows me so well!  And, how do you like my favorite food?  Krispy Kreme!  Ha!
Brayden also wrote 3 paragraphs about me.  I love that he likes to spend time with me!
Taylor wrote this for me!  So sweet and her handwriting is awesome!
How adorable...me and Taylor!

I love our art teacher at school.  Every time my kids have been in 1st grade she has them make this pinch pot for Mother's Day.  I now have my complete set of 3!  I love these and I will cherish them forever!

The big finale was the "special" project that the kids had been working on.  Stuart had the idea a couple of weeks ago to build me a garden.  We inherited a very large garden in our yard, but we took it down because I felt overwhelmed by the size.  So, he took the old wood that we used from the other garden (score!) and then he and the kids built me a garden.  Then he took the kids to the store and they bought plants with their own money.  I don't think that I have ever felt so special before.  I am so grateful to have a husband and kids that are so incredibly thoughtful.  I feel ridiculously blessed!


On Sunday, I had the privilege of speaking with Stuart at the end of the service.  I have never done anything like that before.  I was sooo nervous.  How crazy is it that every time I went up there I was nervous?  However, Stuart made me feel so comfortable and he promised me that he would cover up all of my mess ups...he is a pro you know?  It was a really neat experience.  It definitely gave me more of an appreciation of what Stuart does on Sundays.  God has blessed him with an amazing ability to speak...in my own personal opinion he is the BEST!







No comments:

Post a Comment