Home

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Teacher Appreciation

Teacher Appreciation week is one of my favorite weeks of the year.  I love spoiling all of the teachers in my life!  I want them all to know just how much I appreciate them.  Teacher Appreciation week this year falls on May 7-11.  I work at a preschool and I coordinate Teacher Appreciation.  I decided to move it up a couple of weeks because May is notoriously crazy in the preschool world.  I wanted to share with you a few of the ideas that we came up with to appreciate our teachers.


Monday-I hosted a lunch at my house for the teachers.  
It was really fun...except for the snake that visited my back deck at the beginning of my luncheon!



Monday/Tuesday-I had the children bring in a flower to add to a vase that I made.  Funny story...my mom and I were trying to figure out what kind of large container we could put the pencils on and she remembered that the church had green beans the night before.  So we went dumpster diving for these cans and I hot glued pencils all around them.  This was a bit time consuming, but they turned out perfect.  I had a super crafty parent at the preschool create their signs.  They turned out perfect!


Wednesday-We hosted a breakfast for the teachers during their chapel time.  The teachers got to scoot away and enjoy a breakfast provided by the parents.  I think they really enjoyed this break!



Thursday/Friday-I made these magnetic boards for the teachers and they turned out great!  I used my Cricut to cut out their initials at the top of the board.  I hot glued (apparently I use hot glue on a daily basis!) the ribbon onto the boards.  I printed out each of these words onto a printable magnetic sheet to emulate those magnetic words that you put on refrigerators.  This was super time consuming, but I think that it was worth it! 




Some of the kids said really funny things.  My favorite quote was this one from the above board, "reads books and tackles us".  Really?  That is funny!

Please make sure that you appreciate the teachers in your lives!  It will mean a lot to them.  I have a lot more ideas of to share, make sure that you check back soon!

2 comments:

  1. You are so awesome! Very cute idea's :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the cute things you did for Teacher Appreciation Week. I also love the new look of your blog!

    ReplyDelete