Home

Monday, October 28, 2013

Peanut Butter Parable

On Sunday, Stu told a parable using Peanut Butter Cups. It reminded me of a really funny story. About four years ago, my mother-in law and I were traveling with the kids to Roanoke together for a short trip to visit family and friends. Before we left, I let each one of the kids pick out their favorite package of candy. You know, candy and road trips go hand in hand, right? Brayden picked out a package of about 10 Reese Peanut Butter Cups, Emma picked out a package of 10 York Peppermint Patties, and honestly I can't remember what Taylor picked out but it was probably Skittles. The kids were soooo good and well behaved on the trip. We didn't even make one bathroom stop and we were able to make it there in about four hours. On the trip the kids were watching movies and playing their Nintendo DS games. Brayden had figured out a system where he could see better by hiding under a blanket while he played his video games. When we arrived we assumed that the kiddos would be starving, so instead of unpacking the car we came right in to eat. We asked Brayden if he was hungry and he really didn't want to eat. I didn't think anything of it. So, after lunch we went to go unpack the car and on his side of the car I saw one, two, three....TEN Reese cup wrappers. Ha! That little boy, probably 7 or 8 at the time ate every single Reese Peanut Butter cup under that blanket and I had no clue! I had intended for the candy to be used for the trip up, during and back home! To this day, we laugh at this story because that little boy scarfed down all ten Reese Peanut Butter Cups. Funny thing is, that boy still loves his Reeses! 




No comments:

Post a Comment