Home

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Ain't Nobody Got Time For That

Urban Dictionary Definition:  Aint Nobody Got Time For That: not wanting to deal with something/someone in that moment.

This Sunday we kicked off our sermon series it matters.  God has already been speaking to me and working on my heart.  I have to admit, I have definitely had a "ain't nobody got time for that" attitude.   However, my amazing husband kicked me into gear this Sunday during his sermon.  You see, I kind of thought that God was going to use these next couple of weeks to stretch and grow OTHER people who have never experienced a Capital Campaign.  Don't get me wrong, I was going to give, but I wasn't going to consider the fact that God wanted to do something in my own life.  However, it was in that moment that God not just whispered, but screamed to my heart, "I'm not done with you and I'm not done building my church."  I really don't have time to let negative thoughts  and a hardened heart interrupt what God wants to do in and through me.  I need to be open and obedient to what God wants to do in my life at all times.  I think when believers sometimes have an "ain't nobody got time for that" attitude...we miss the opportunity for God to stretch us and grow us in areas of our lives we never knew needed a good stretch.  When it comes to our journey, we can't have an attitude where we don't want to deal with God in that moment, afraid of what He might ask us to do.  Since I ain't got time for my old attitude, I have committed to pray over the next month 5 Dangerous Prayers written by Pastor Bill Hybels:

1.  Search Me..."we must not forget to ask God to point out our rebellion in our own spirits."
2.  Break Me..."You cannot grow as a Christian until you learn to ask for brokenness.  Regardless of your level of spiritual maturity, there will always be areas of your life God needs to work in."
3.  Stretch Me..."This is the kind of prayer to pray when you want to grow up spiritually.  If you know someone whose depth of love is humbling, whose spiritual strength is amazing, that person has probably asked God to stretch him through life's challenges."
4.  Lead Me..."Asking God to take your life and do whatever He wants with it is risky.  We've got to be believe that His plans for us are better than our own."
5.  Use Me..."It's exciting to make yourself available to God so that He can touch someone else through you.  Such a prayer creates adventure."

No comments:

Post a Comment