Home

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Emma is 9 today



Today is the day! Emma is 9 years old. I will never forget that day. I was laying on the bed watching Oprah Winfrey and we were getting ready to go to Stuart's mom's house to eat spaghetti. Stuart came upstairs right at 5:00 because he was working from home (he did not have an office because we were just 3 weeks away from having our first WEC service open to the public). I sat up and I said, "Um, I think that my water just broke." Since we had done the freak out thing during our first delivery, we were a bit more calm. We called our family and waited for someone to come take care of Brayden. We arrived at the hospital at 7:00. I wasn't even having contractions at that point! The doctor came in and said, "It looks like it is going to be awhile." Then all of a sudden I started feeling...pressure. The nurse came in and said, "Well, I had better get the doctor." One push and little Miss Emma was born.


Emma is such an amazing girl. She is, as my friend calls her "an old soul." I joke sometimes that she is more mature than I am. She is soooo much like her father in many, many ways. But, she also has some of my traits too. She is a Christ follower, she is very artistic, she is determined, she is kind, she is polite, she is responsible, she is beautiful, she is smart, she is patient, and she does everything with excellence. My list of the things that I love about her could go on and on. I love her so much and feel so blessed to be her mom. (tear) I love the young lady that she is becoming. I pray every day that she will love and serve God all the days of her life.

Thank you God for giving Emma to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment