Home

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day!

Cupid has arrived at the Hodges house! I just love Valentine's Day. I know that a lot of people do not like it, but I love showing my love to others on this day. In our house we have a little tradition. Stuart and I always leave a trail of M & M's from the kids' bedrooms to our bedroom. The trail always leads to a little love gift from us. So, this year is our first Valentine's Day in our new house. We decided not to have the trail lead to our bedroom since it was too far! Last night at 11:00 there was Stuart making the sweetest path for the kids into the living room. You can see how he ended it with the M & M arrow in the corner of this picture. So creative, that husband of mine!

I love creating traditions for my kids. I read about another great one here. I might make this a tradition of my own sometime!

I really think that it is important for us as parents to be conscious about creating traditions with our kids. It builds great memories and in some small way, I think that it draws us together closer together as a family.

What traditions do you have?

No comments:

Post a Comment